Lemon Squares Recipe
For the crust, you will need:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup of white granulated sugar
2 cups of all purpose flour
For the topping, you will need:
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups of white granulated sugar
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
2 lemons, juiced
1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Make the crust but mixing the butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press the dough into an ungreased 9×13 Pyrex pan or glass bakeware.
- Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes until firm and golden.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the topping. Mix together the beaten eggs and lemon juice. Whisk these together with the 1 1/2 cups sugar,Â 1/4 cup flour and lemon zest. Pour topping mixture over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool. Wait for the bars to completely cool down before dusting with powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy!